Sunday, March 8, 2015

The Sound Transformer Gets Wheels and Some Sprucing Up

Today, I attached some large caster wheels to the underside of the bass horn to make it easier to move it around.  Here is what the wheels look like:


Sound Transformer On Wheels
Sound Transformer On Wheels
The wheels are set near the center of gravity to make it easier to maneuver the Sound Transformer.  This was a huge improvement especially for changing the bass driver and back chamber, for example.

I also attached the KLH crossover and some 12 Gauge wire to the speaker terminals.


KLH Crossover With 12 Gauge Wires Attached
KLH Crossover With 12 Gauge Wires Attached
This PVC-jacketed power cord has an extra conductor that might be useful later on for bi-amping.  This recycled power cord is 50 feet long.  I made a pair of them from a 100 foot cord found at the transfer station (dump).

Finally, I made a baffle to hold the midrange and tweeter horns.  I discovered that this is necessary, now that I can "wheel" this thing around, to prevent the smaller things from falling off.


Midrange and Tweeter Horns Secured to Baffle
Midrange and Tweeter Horns Secured to Baffle


Midrange and Tweeter Horns Secured to Baffle
Midrange and Tweeter Horns Secured to Baffle
Now that this is beginning to look "presentable", I will post a couple of videos.

No comments:

Post a Comment