Friday, July 31, 2015

Two Channel Sound Transformer - Lepai 2020A Amplifier - Sony Discman D5 CD Player - Amazing Stereo Setup!

This is the latest setup of the Sound Transformer.  The bass horns are now identical in dimension, 64" long.  The back chambers and woofer drivers are identical also.  I added an L-Pad to the Atlas tweeter on each channel.  Mostly, I adjust the L-Pad fully clockwise for maximum tweeter volume.  Both channels are under a roof slope and the left channel is in a corner.  Here is what this looks like:


STEREO Sound Transformer - Big Bass Horns
STEREO Sound Transformer - Big Bass Horns


STEREO Sound Transformer - Big Bass Horns - Lepai 2020A - Sony D5 CD Player
STEREO Sound Transformer - Big Bass Horns - Lepai 2020A - Sony D5 CD Player


STEREO Sound Transformer - Big Bass Horns - Right Channel
STEREO Sound Transformer - Big Bass Horns - Right Channel


STEREO Sound Transformer - Big Bass Horns - Left Channel
STEREO Sound Transformer - Big Bass Horns - Left Channel
The bass horns can be unbolted into 32 Inch long sections for transport.  The smaller section fits into the larger section on both horns.  This is the first time I have heard the Sony D5 Discman CD player properly amplified.  I have almost sold the D5 several times because I thought it sounded too harsh compared with later model CD players.  I am glad I held onto it.  Through this system, the D5 sounds really fantastic.  I bought the D5 in 1985.  This is the first time I have been able to listen to the excellent quality of this CD player for upwards of 30 years!

No comments:

Post a Comment