Monday, April 25, 2016

Latest Progress On Construction Of New Straight Midrange Horn Pair

Today, I cut out the last four flare sides and custom fit each one into its respective horn.  Following that, I "dry-assembled" the horns several times, refitting here and there, until I got a reasonably good fit for the joints.  After cutting out "throat square" blocks to hold the sides in place, here is what the horns looked like.


New Straight Midrange Horns - Sides Dry-Assembled
New Straight Midrange Horns - Sides Dry-Assembled


New Straight Midrange Horns - Sides Dry-Assembled
New Straight Midrange Horns - Sides Dry-Assembled

With all of the sides marked for proper positioning, I applied adhesive to the joints.  It is necessary to keep the adhesive away from the square blocks so they will come out tomorrow after the glue dries.


New Straight Midrange Horns With Adhesive Applied
New Straight Midrange Horns With Adhesive Applied
It will get quite cold in the barn attic overnight so I have moved the horns inside so the glue can set under more ideal conditions.


New Straight Midrange Horns With Adhesive Curing
New Straight Midrange Horns With Adhesive Curing
Tomorrow, I will start on the smaller portions of the horns.



No comments:

Post a Comment