Thursday, April 21, 2016

Progress On New Straight Midrange Horn Pair Construction

Today, I cut the plywood square frames to make the large flanges for the pair of New Straight Midrange Horns.  All I had to do is set the table saw fence for the right width and carefully lower the plywood squares onto the blade to start the cut at the right position so as not to overcut each of the four edges.  I completed the cutting with a scroll saw.  Here are the two horns, each with eight ribs tacked in place so I can position the smaller flanges and correctly align everything before drilling and screwing the flanges to the ribs.


New Straight Midrange Horns - Ready For Small Flange Alignment
New Straight Midrange Horns - Ready For Small Flange Alignment


New Straight Midrange Horns - Ready For Small Flange Alignment
New Straight Midrange Horns - Ready For Small Flange Alignment
Tomorrow, I will cut the smaller flanges.  I have already purchased a Lauan plywood sheet for the curved walls of the horn.


No comments:

Post a Comment